torsdag 31 oktober 2013

Advent Calendars

Good evening or maybe I should say "Happy Halloween"!
Here in Sweden we don't really celebrate Halloween, but people still have parties and dress up and kids go around the block asking "Trick or treat?!", just for fun.

Anyway, I started to think about advent calendars in scrapbook format, when I stumbled upon this:
It's a whisky advent calendar! It's neat and would fit really well for my dad. The only thing is the price... The one I was looking at costed  £150 (about 1500 SEK). Pretty much for liquid of ca 75 ml.

So my dad came up with something else, still a calendar with things you can open but with the name of a whisky. Then you (he) can go and try it out! And for smaller whisky collections you can repeat some of the best ones. Simple and a little fun for the whisky fan. Can also be done with other things.

And then I started to think about advent calendars in the 12"x12" format and found this nice one made by Erdbeerlöckchen

There's always these "photo-a-day"-challanges and I thought I would take a photo each day until Christmas and make it like a calendar with lids that can be opend. I've always like the little albums people create about the days in December, but felt it was too much (and too much PL for me). So this is a great way to document everyday until Christmas :)

And this one (above) is my own. My mom sewed and hand stiched it for my siblings and me a long time ago. Last year I hung little peieces of Milka Chocolate (Austrian milk chocolate) in it. Haven't made up my mind yet what I should hang this year.

Thanks for stopping by!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar